Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Weird Dreams


I had a strange dream last night that I want to share, not because it's symbolic or anything, but because I'm beginning to forget it. I woke up after the dream and told myself that I should remember this. Why? Maybe I was tired and it meant something too me at the time. I know for a fact that it had a emotional impact on me, and I guess I could analyze the dream and see why. Anyway, here's the dream with all the details that I can remember:

I was with a group of people, and we were dressed relatively normal and traveling through various locations, wielding swords. I've seen the main location in my dreams before. It was sort of a creative office[like an advertising agency]/ museum. In a previous dream I was given a tour of the museum aspect and it was kind of like a fun house/ freak show and I was being stalked by something dark. Now, me and the group of adventurers were the hunters. Most of us were good and noble but you could tell there were a few bad-apples in the bunch, and they wore black.

When we fought our enemies, the scene turned into something out of a Japanese Role Playing Game. I've never played one[and haven't played a video game in months], but in a Japanese RPG you are given certain skill points, magical items, and weapons that you are allowed to use when it's your turn in a fight. So, when we battled and it was our enemy's turn, we had to stand still and take their attacks; it went both ways. Some of our allies died in these battles, but could be revived after the battle was won. I don't remember too much about the battles, but I remember the rules. 

The part I told myself to really remember was this: we were in a dungeon now and of course there were treasure chests everywhere and we all went around opening them, and either got gold, potions, weapons, or magical items. I got a bird, a bluebird. I was a little disappointed, but then I read that it would assist me in my battles, and would damage my enemies automatically without wasting my "turn points". So, then I thought it was awesome! I put the bluebird on my shoulder and planned to explore more deeply into the dungeon, but then something happened. One of my "allies" got jealous and grabbed the bluebird off my shoulder and snapped it's neck, then he filleted it and ate the raw meat. I was furious, because I had connected with the bird and I owned it! I didn't kill the man, I just talked to him about it and he eventually asked for my forgiveness, but I didn't trust him. The dream ended with me feeling very negative.

I really don't like when tiny animals get killed, it always makes me upset; especially when it's done on purpose, without reason, or, in other words: maliciously. Sure, he ate the meat, but I think he did it just to make me upset. We had plenty of fruit and turkey legs, so there was no reason why he should cut open my bird and eat it in front of me! I remember asking him over and over "why would you do that?" It didn't make sense then, and it surely doesn't make sense now. 

I'm sure it's all very symbolic; it reminds me of several things in my life where my friendship has been taken advantage of, and a friend goes behind my back and hurts my feelings. However, I didn't know this guy, but I'll remember his face, so when I see him in the future I'll know he can't be trusted. So, maybe it's a warning. I remember the man, more than I remember anything else in the dream. If or when I see him again, I will know not to trust him with my bluebirds.    

No comments:

Post a Comment