Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Video Project

It's that time of the year again; FHE film festival time! I'm a pretty gifted film editor, and like making stupid little films. This year's project is a little ambitious. For an explanation of what type of effect I want our film to have, listen to the video above and replace the question of "what is best in life?" with this question "Orin! What's the 'take-home' message of your film?" Conan says it how it is and I would like to echo his response: "to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women"

I'm excited about this project, but it's taking me away from time where I could be working on my main project; my book. Progress has slowed down because I have no discipline. I will no longer allow myself to get caught up in TV shows [except for "24" on Mondays and "The Soup" on Fridays] I will no longer be distracted by video games. I will read more, think more, and create more. All will be well.

The video project happens to be a parody of "Conan" movies, gangsta rap, and possibly Zombie movies too. It's going to be fun; I spent a few hours yesterday working on a script and had a meeting with the "crew" last night. I received some great creative input; now all I have to do is convert that to a product.   

3 comments:

  1. I'm super excited to see the final project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I meant 'product'...my brain is still trying to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay... it's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete