Friday, March 6, 2009

Crazy Guy!



So I was driving around this morning and I happened upon a crazy sight to behold. I saw fire, smoke, and police cars outside of Disco Sports: Sports Bar. I got close with my car but the guy in front of me stopped completely, got out of his car, and started directing traffic; and for good reason; there was a CRAZY GUY close-by setting the sign out front of Disco Sports on fire. He looked like an employee of the establishment,  wore a red collared shirt, looked the "quiet type", danced around the fire, and continued to put more fuel into it. You could tell by his body language that he was disturbed and threatening anyone who got close to him and nobody did. 

I said dancing before but the man was really flailing his arms around dangerously; you could see the madness in his eyes from a hundred feet away. The good Samaritan who directed traffic for a minute guided me to safety to the parking lot of Regency Mall; that's where I took the picture above. It's really hard to capture the insanity that I witnessed with a low-grade camera phone like mine; especially since the static had died down when I was able to take the shot. Crazy guy McGee was nowhere to be seen. I thought I saw him run off.

That guy must have had a bad day, lost his job, and tried to express his discontent with "The establishment"  by setting it's sign on fire. Little did he know that his little stunt would put traffic light power out for several blocks. I'm sorry you lost your serving job at Disco Sports... I'd recommend you to some other establishments but I'm not entirely certain that they'll be set to hire you. Don't put it on your resume! I imagine his application looking something like this: Place of recent employment- Disco Sports.  What duties and tasks were preformed- Customer relations, serving, and counting the toothpicks before and after each shift. Reason for leaving- I set the sign out front on fire and went totally out of my right mind... I was having a bad day. I feel a lot better now! 

Here's a little something about another crazy guy:

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow...that guy is crazy, fire guy and the one in the video. The one in the video is crazy...yet talented.
    You always have the best stories Orin! How do you do it? What kind of deal did you work out with the big man so that he would let you meet Richard Simmons, catch a crazy guy setting fire to a sign, and all your other amazing stories?
    I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete