Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Madness!

My book is coming along very well,  The first part is almost complete; I'm about ten chapters in. So, that's dandy and all, but sometimes when I'm on the outside looking in, I worry about my personal sanity. I've always thought I was kinda strange, but now as I'm going back and analyzing some stories of my past, I have become very concerned for myself. I remind myself of Dr. Frankenstein, when he's on the brink of his greatest scientific finds, he is also on the brink of insanity. Perhaps too, I will create a monster that will one day destroy me.

I've never thought so much about my childhood and teenage years then I have recently. Other than when I was a child and teenager, of course. The more I write, the more I'm able to remember my past. Some of these things I haven't thought of since before my mission, and I suppose it's been like that for a reason. Sometimes you just need to move on from what has happened in the past, and not think about them. That's how I've dealt with most heartache at least. The longer I go without talking about things the happier and better off  I am. Sometimes my Mom brings up some of the stuff that happened when I was fifteen and I get really depressed. I think, "I could have gone without being reminded of what time of the year it is." Right now, I'm doing it to myself by writing this book. The book just happens to be loosely based on my childhood, but written in a very different, creative way. It's a realistic view of my childhood, with all the names of the innocent changed for protection, but at the same time the main story is completely contrived and fantastical; allowing me to be fun and creative about it. So, it's Gonzo Journalism meets a ghost story, with a twist of insanity, and ADD. Gonzoastanitadd is what I'll call it! Haha!

It's written in third person, so that's helped me distance myself from it a little; like I said I changed the names too, so it's almost like the little stories are about someone else, so that being said it's easier for me to write. It's been great therapy so far, and I think finally writing it and getting it out will help me put it in the past.

I'm mostly happy right now, I'm a little sick at the moment; I've got a fever or something and I'm sniffling a little. All is well however, and I hope all is well with you too.    

1 comment:

  1. Everytime you update about your book, I get more and more excited to read it. I can't tell you enough how proud I am of you! I love ya friend!

    ReplyDelete