Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dang it! I hate when you get sweet ideas and you don't write them down. Last night, I had one of those and it's missing now. I remember having it, thinking about writing it down, not writing it down, but of course, THAT'S IT!!! I know it existed and that it was good but I did not write it down, I may not have had paper or pen at the time I have no idea. Which reminds me I saw a really stupid informercial the other day, let's see if I can find it! Here!


Now, the pen itself is ugly and looks like it would be hard to write with, but the idea is solid, however ridiculous you may look! But the thing is, I'd run into a similar problem. Where's my notebook?! I wonder if they can make a magnetic notebook or something, but at that point I'd have too many gaudy necklaces, and nobody would ever take me seriously.

Speaking of serious, I'm going to do some serious writing and reading tonight. I Have my big project I'm still working on, and will be working on. I hope to be done in a few months, but I have to get disciplined.  I used to stay up all night and write. I actually did it again recently, but girls are getting in the way, like they always do. 

"Women weaken legs!" Mickey from 1976's Rocky

They really do! I haven't written anything of significance these last few years because of it. I get afraid that I might offend them, that they'll hate my guts. It's true; some have hated my guts because of the things I've written, and that's how it always will be from now on. Why? Well, I'm tired of bending, bowing, and submitting to the whimsical dreams of others, unless I agree with them; I've always been this way. But recently I have been more submissive, and maybe that's why I've had so much success with women the last few years. Honestly, my one true love is writing, I feel like I've abandoned her and that's why she's been so unwilling to satisfy me these last few years.  Our relationship is getting better; we're not making out yet, but we're holding hands and looking into each other's eyes and dreaming of our potential together.   

3 comments:

  1. Reading that tells me that you should be writing. I am proud of you Orin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but the problem wasn't clicking, twisting, or caps...the problem was the woman dropped her pen and was too moronic to get it on the first attempt. I don't think a magnetic pen would have helped her.

    Uh, hey. I found your blog through Amber's so I hope you don't mind that I read it.

    One thing you should never let get in the way of your writing is what other people think. I used to struggle with that one a lot, and I'm a little bit better, but I'm still nervous when certain people read certain things I've written. If that makes any sense.

    Well, I'm writing a lot right now probably because I am trying to kill some more time before I take a lunch break! Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amber!

    Donbro! Feel free to read my blog any time you'd like. But my real problem is not writing on purpose when I think I'm going to offend. I really have no control sometimes, and sometimes things don't come out nice, not that I wrote them wrong, but I meant them wrong to begin with and you should be offended. I stopped writing completely because I can't control myself. But I'm back and trying to get better than ever.

    ReplyDelete