Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Rate of Fire

Well, I'm going to try still keep my blog updated, but to let you in on something, I've started writing my book. So, I'm laying it down thick, and am devoting all of my efforts to reading and writing. My blog entries will probably be less frequent; but I would like to, at least, update it every week; but like I said most of my writing efforts are being focused on the big story. I started writing on Sunday and have gotten very far into the introduction; which is hilarious, because it's narrator gets very distracted and goes off on tangents.  I have not even introduced any characters yet, besides the narrator; but he's definitely setting the story up through a set of thought provoking quandaries. I'm about ten pages in.

I'm excited to keep writing, so I'll leave you with a follow up story to my last post, that I thought was kinda funny:

I was still upset about not being able to donate blood and I was sharing my disappointment with my coworkers. I was upset mostly because I wasn't able to donate because my pressure was so high [which is a dumb reason], and we resolved as a group that humans just don't want my blood. However, Vampires are always looking for blood... they are an underfed sub-culture and need blood to live. So, supply and demand! I've got the stuff if you've got the money! I can sell my blood at discounted price because I make so much of it. Or an inflated price because I really didn't see too much of a market for it on the internet when I looked. Sure, you can buy gallons of fake blood on Ebay; but what about the real deal, premium grade, O negative crude? I was thinking about selling it by the vial[for snacks] or pint[for meals]; they'd sell like hot cakes! If the truth be told, a lot of Vampires have an identity crisis; most of them wish they didn't have to suck people's blood all the time. Some supposedly live on rats and all sorts of animals when they know what kind of blood they need to really live. Are you a Chupacabra or a Vampire? Anyway, It would give them a guilt free way of feeding themselves. They would know that I'm not going to die, so they're not killing anyone. So, it's win-win! I get rid of my excess blood and feel good, and they get rid of the rage that can control them if they go too long without it. An idea was suggested for a store front, but I don't know if I could supply that much. It would probably end up being more of a online service similar to Ebay, and my blood would auction off at unheard of prices. Disease free, low in cholesterol; a little high in iron, but that only adds to the flavor. If I'm not allowed to save the lives of the living, I might as well improve the lives of the undead. At least, that's how I look at it.     

1 comment: